Friday, August 22, 2008

7 hours

7 hours seems like such a long time when you're talking about some things but not long enough when it comes to others. 7 hours is an extremely long time when it comes to the parent of a newborn baby sleeping during the night. BabyGolightly slept 8 hours straight last night which meant I got to sleep 7 hours straight. I went to bet at 10:30 and when he woke up at 5:30 to be fed, I looked at the clock and was stunned. I was sure this couldn't be the first time he got up during the night so I inspected the room for half empty bottles - evidence that he'd been up at least once already. There weren't any, just the 2 mixed bottles of formula powder I'd left on the night stand before going to sleep. Shit, I can't believe he slept that long. And Holy shit I can't belive I slept that long. That's the longest night of sleep I've gotten since he's been born. You have to count 7 hours on two hands. We'll see if it parlays into tonight. Somehow, I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: