Wednesday, July 29, 2009

If I don't laugh....I'll cry


Yesterday was my day off. Nicholas & I ran an errand, went for a walk, then just spent the rest of the day at home. We ate lunch, vacuumed the bathrooms, kitchen, and living room. He took a nap. Then he woke up and it began. I don't know what happened while he was sleeping but my sweet little boy woke up a complete and total monster. I have never seen these tantrums and antics from him before. I seriously had to check to make sure that somebody didn't sneak in and replace my wonderful baby with some misbehaved hooligan while he was napping. He didn't get his way (he wanted to pull the vaccum out for the 3rd time) then threw himself on the floor in front of the laundry room door and screamed a scream I've never experienced before. He kicked the door, rolled all over, sobbed, pounded his fists. Where did this come from? I left him and said when he was done and felt like coming downstairs to join me, I'd see him then. So I heard this God awful scream and sobbing and pounding coming down the stairs and I thought my poor baby was tumbling. I went running to see that it was just him coming down one step at a time, pausing, beating the step, and screaming. Then he moved on to the next step.
He threw toys down the stairs, hit me, banged the walls with every toy he owns. I put him in time out and when I came around the corner to tell him it was ok to get up now, he saw me and said "boo" then laughed like crazy. He thought it was a game, it was sooooo hilarious to him. Me, I wasn't thinking it was so fun but I had to laugh. If I didn't, I would have cried my eyes out. I'm hoping this was just a random fluke of a bad day and this isn't a peek into the future of the "terrible twos"

No comments: