Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day weekend


Mother's Day weekend started out with me coming home to this flower that Nicholas picked for me. He was really REALLY excited as soon as I walked in the door, screaming at me "FLOWER FLOWER!" He's such a sweet boy.








Friday evening, he played a little baseball. He got this bat and tee set for his birthday and we just opened it up about a week ago. He's surprisingly good! He sets the ball up, squares his feet, and we taught him to hold the bat right hand on top of the left (he's definitely a righty). He watches the ball and BAM! He's had a couple of line drives blast thru the living room.


Saturday we went and got Nicholas another haircut. I think this makes #4 or #5 already. After the last haircut episode I figured we'd be in for a rough day so I packed a bunch of lollipops and said a little prayer.

He was surprisingly good about it, we went thru 5 lollipops, but he sat and let his stylist, Beatriz, shave his hair and use the scissors. Yes, my son has a stylist. I do not.

Of course he turned out looking extra handsome and somewhat older.


The back and sides. She cut it really close for the summer.

And a smile.
Mother's Day morning, I woke up to this.


This is Nicholas new way of letting you know he's not pleased with you. He folds his arms, wrinkles his face, and says "I'm mad."

It only lasted for a little bit though and he must have told me a million times thru the day "Happy Mother's Day" and gave me kisses.

He also gave me the best gift I could have ever asked for: he took a 4 hour nap. He hasn't done that since he was a newborn and boy did I need it, I got a nice snooze in too.

I made dinner and Nicholas kept me entertained with his pot orchestra.

At the end of the night, I said to Nicholas, "thank you for giving me a great Mother's Day."
He said, "ummmm you're welcome."

Edited to add: I have to mention that my 12 year old step daughter called yesterday to say Happy Mother's Day. I have the best step daughter anyone could ask for.

3 comments:

Sara B said...

How sweet! He looks so handsome with his new haircut! Glad you had a great day - you deserve it!!

Unknown said...

awe! sweet boy :)

Sippy Cup Mom said...

I LOVE the haircut!