Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Who's in charge here?

A little story from this past weekend.
We were in the living room watching TV, playing. Nicholas took off 1 sock. Just 1. He didn't want to take the other one off and he didn't want to put that 1 back on. So he's walking around with 1 sock on.

I picked up the discarded sock and put it on the ottoman between the couches. We're all going on about our day. Nicholas in just his 1 sock.

Nicholas passes by the ottoman, sees the sock, picks it up, examines it, and we have the following conversation as he looks at me with his brows furrowed:

Nicholas: What's this sock?
Mommy: That's the sock you took off.
Nicholas: What's this sock?
Mommy: That's your sock.
Nicholas: What's this sock here?
Mommy: You wouldn't put your sock back on, so I put it there.
Nicholas: This sock dirty.
Mommy: Yes, that's the sock you were wearing.....wait a minute, why are you questioning me?

Daddy's in the background laughing and says, "The funniest thing is you're actually answering for it!"

I've lost all control, I think we all know who's actually in charge here.

No comments: